Chevy Bolt

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
_M_
 _M_
(@_m_)
Topic starter  
I received a CarPC dongle via an Indiegogo order.  I have a Chevy Bolt which has Android Auto. The car works with my phone but does not recognize CarPC dongle.
I am able to connect the dongle to my PC and use scrcpy to bring up the dongle interface. I tried changing the settings but this does not help my car recognize the dongle.
I am fine running some USB diagnostics or editing source code or testing code patches. I just want this to work.

admin
(@admin)
Trusted Member Admin

Hello, since you can connect to www.mirroid.com, this means that the dongle itself is okay. ePlease go under settings and try to see if there is an OTA update... Also, try using it on a friend's car who has a stereo with wired Android Auto. 

Can you send a video showing the issue? (upload to google drive)

We're preparing a firmware update tutorial.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
Trusted Member Admin

Please check out this thread: FW update and troubleshoot

ReplyQuote
_M_
 _M_
(@_m_)
Topic starter  

@admin 

This forum does not allow me to inline images so I will describe in words.

The dongle S/N is CZ201201005266

OS version is 2.4.50

SW version is 2.3.63

Custom build version: alps-mp-p0.mp1-V5.273

In the settings, under upgrade, the software says "This is the latest version" and the upgrade button is grayed out.

When I connect the dongle to my Bolt, nothing happens. The dongle color blinks blue for a while (indicating that it is booting up), then goes solid blue (which I think means it has booted up but not projecting). The dongle never goes orange (which seems to indicate that it is projecting).

On the Bolt, I can go to Apps on the car screen and choose "projection" which would force Android Auto to the screen if it were up and running. However, the car then says: "Projection device not connected. Connect a supported device by USB to use this feature." which indicates that Android Auto is either not running or not talking to the car.

ReplyQuote
_M_
 _M_
(@_m_)
Topic starter  

@admin 

Also, on the dongle, USB is in "File Transfer" mode and Android Auto has all permissions on. I did not change these settings.

ReplyQuote
Share: