Clear all

Google Play Services update

8 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Poncet
(@sebastien)
Topic starter  

Hi all, anyone having the same problem as I have : impossible to update Google Play Services

Any way to resolve this ?

AP756 - Fred
(@ap756-fred)

@sebastien I think I don't understand your problem. If your CarPC runs on version 2.6.04 the version of PlayStore is 40.4.31-23(0)(PR)621249419. If you try to update it will report "Google Playstore is up to date". The Playstore is implemented in the ROM and as far as I know this prevents any changes. Anyway, why do you want to update?

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
Poncet
(@sebastien)
Topic starter  

@ap756-fred Well, the problem is that, even if my CarPC version is 2.6.04, when the CarPC boots, it asks for "Google Play Services" update, saying that Google Maps, Youtube and so on won't work.

I tried to re-install from 2.5.10, with "format & download", then the device updates through OTA, but it is still the same.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Poncet

ReplyQuote
AP756 - Fred
(@ap756-fred)

@sebastien Something went wrong, for sure. I'd suggest to do a factory reset and hope the the knot will be elliminated. Sorry for the trouble and additional work and good luck, I'm quite sure it will work after a factory reset.

Bye for now  Fred

PS: "format & download" is dangerous. My recommendation is "upgrade & download". Sometimes with a format some parts which sould remain are deleted...

This post was modified 1 month ago by AP756 - Fred

ReplyQuote
Poncet
(@sebastien)
Topic starter  

@ap756-fred OK, I'll try this ASAP. Thank you !

AP756 - Fred reacted
ReplyQuote
Poncet
(@sebastien)
Topic starter  

@ap756-fred Unfortunately, I did a Factory Reset, but it did not do the trick.

Is there any way to make a "fresh" reinstall ? An early Firmware ?

ReplyQuote
AP756 - Fred
(@ap756-fred)

@sebastien It's a bit tricky and by "trial and error". Basically using the description _here_ do the following: Edit the scatter.txt and change some of the ROM-parts by changing some "No" to "yes", Which ones to change is "trial and error". Then flash version 2.5.10 (the lastest stable version which is available). Don't forget you have to do that as "Firmware update" and the flash tool has to run with administrator privileges. After that do the online update and your system should be working again. Please be super patient, the complete procedure will take several hours... Good luck.

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
Poncet
(@sebastien)
Topic starter  

@ap756-fred OK, I didn't know it would be possibl to edit this file.

I'm back from holidays; I'll have a look.

Thank you !!!!!

AP756 - Fred reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: