Clear all

I can not run carpc basic version on my car

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
George
(@geodaoutis)
Topic starter  

Hello! i buy the car pc a few days ago and I haven't been able to connect it to my car. it is a 2022 chr and has android auto wired and carplay wireless. i downloaded mirroid and connected carpc successfully. I updated to version 2,4,86 but nothing changed. I did a factory reset but it still didn't work on my car.
I don't have a friend who has a car with android auto so I can try it on him too.
what to do now?
thanks!

AP756 - Fred
(@ap756-fred)

George, you got the same problem as me. My car is a 2022 GR86 and the head unit doesn't recognize CarPC as valid Android Auto (same dongle works without problems with a 2020 GR Yaris head unit). Toyota changed the implementation of Android Auto... Please have a look into the folder /storage/emulated/0/Download/ and you should find a file named logcat_snCZxxxxxxxxxxxx.aauto_connection.0000.tgt.gz (xxx is your serial number) and send this file to info@carpc.co with some info about your car. Thank you and lets hope for a fast solution.

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
George
(@geodaoutis)
Topic starter  

@ap756-fred 

Dear Fred, thank you for your immediate response to my message. I have sent an email to info@carpc.co and they told me to post my problem here in the forum.
I went into mirroid and in the download folder I didn't find the folder you said on my carpc.

ReplyQuote
AP756 - Fred
(@ap756-fred)

@geodaoutis , George, unfortunately there seems to be no fast solution for us. (Not only) Toyota changed something in the connection protocol. Developers are trying to understand what changed, but unfortunately this will need some time. Until then we need to wait or use another product (I use a Streambox in my GR86, because AADongle can't connect). Sorry to have no better info.

Bye for now  Fred

I'll get in contact with CarPC about missing log files. After reflashing my AAdongle they are gone too!

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by AP756 - Fred

ReplyQuote
George
(@geodaoutis)
Topic starter  

Thank you once again for the information you are giving me. If you could tell me which streambox you have and if it works in your car, I would be grateful.

God bless you

ReplyQuote
AP756 - Fred
(@ap756-fred)

@geodaoutis I use this one: https://carpc.co/product/carpc-streambox/ Same company, but it uses Apple Carplay protocol

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
George
(@geodaoutis)
Topic starter  

Thank you very much Fred, but I don't know if I should pay extra money for a device that I don't know if it will work. from a company that does not return money or accept changes.

ReplyQuote
AP756 - Fred
(@ap756-fred)

@geodaoutis George, nobody can help you with that decision 😀. If it's not too urgent, just wait (like me) for the next firmware release. Good luck.

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
Share: